Close X

Construction Project Defects?

Problems with a construction project?

Almost all new construction is never constructed perfectly. (Even John Mrosek's house!) Many of us have completed projects and realized—- things just are no way near right! What should you do?

First, get an inspection done of the project. It can be an inspection service as a start (cheaper) or you can retain an engineer (more thorough). It is preferable that your attorney supervise this process to preserve legal privileges but it is not necessary.

Second, you will need to have an attorney send a detailed, required report to the builder. A fairly recently passed law requires you to afford the opportunity to the builder to offer either fix the home or pay you money. You both have to agree. And, you have to wait a couple months before you can either sue or demand arbitration (review your contract). In addition, your contract may require pre-suit mediation, which is a settlement conference. The law setting forth the basic claim and notice requirements is  Fla. Stat. 558 (Florida) and O.C.G.A. §8-2-38 (Georgia). .

John Mrosek has been an active litigation attorney for 35 years, has handled dozens of construction cases and taken many to a jury trial, arbitration, mediation, and appeal. He has kept abreast of the changes of law. Coming from a family that is half lawyers and half builders, John knows the area..

Get Consultation

John Mrosek Is Here for You

At John Mrosek Law Firm, we focus on Construction, Business, Litigation, and Real Estate Disputes, and John Mrosek is here to listen to you and help you navigate the legal system.

Contact Us Today

John Mrosek is committed to answering your questions about Construction, Business, Litigation, and Real Estate Dispute law issues in Georgia and Florida.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.